Charles L. Robinson, Jr., CCIM, a Principal at Red Rock Realty Group and LAH Real Estate, has been in commercial real estate since 2007. After college he served in the U.S. Peace Corps for over two years in Niger, West Africa working in woodless construction. Charles worked as a Registered Forester with Forest Resource Consultants in southern Mississippi for several years after he attained his Masters degree in Forestry. After getting married and moving home to Birmingham, he joined Altec Industries, the world leader in electric utility equipment, where he quadrupled the federal government business as a National Account Manager.
In 2007, he partnered with Tom Carruthers, CCIM and acquired Property Managers, a local property management company established in 1934, which they later rebranded as Red Rock Realty Group. He specializes in assembling groups that acquire, stabilize, and add value to real estate investments. In 2011, Charles bought an ownership interest in LAH Real Estate, one of the largest privately held real estate companies in AL.
Charles enjoys being a member of a BBA Entrepreneurs’ Roundtable Group where he receives the support of other local business owners. Charles is also a member at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church and has served on several Kairos prison ministry teams at Elmore Correctional Facility. He enjoys fishing, hunting, and being outdoors. Charles is married and has four children.
- University of the South (Sewanee)
B.S. Natural Resources (1993)
- Duke University
Master of Forestry (1998)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Designation in 2010
- 2018 President- AL CCIM Chapter (President’s Cup Winner)
- Elected Region 9 RVP for CCIM Institute (AL, GA, SC, and NC)
- Has led the acquisition, stabilization, and value-add of over $50MM in CRE investments since 2007.
- Co-leads the company’s Acquisition and Development team